Santa Barbara's premier surf school, Surf Happens, is teaming up with Channelkeeper to host a morning of beach fun and informal surf instruction for groms 14 years and under. All kids under 7 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Surf Happens instructors will create games and contests based on the ages and abilities of all our SURFATHON participants, and everybody wins a trophy for bringing the spirit of aloha. It's all about fun!
The rules are simple: have as much fun as possible, and SMILE!
- The entry fee is $30 per child, each participant receives an official Santa Barbara AQUATHON t-shirt and a SURFATHON trophy.
- Soft top boards only. Bring your own or borrow one of ours.
- To borrow a wetsuit, request one at least three days before the event by calling Laura Moreno at the Channelkeeper office at 805-563-3377 ext. 6.
- Parents and guardians are invited to help little surfers into waves or ride on the back of their boards.
- If possible, please register in advance online. Registration that morning is permitted, but pre-registration lets us plan ahead.
- On the checkout page, please specify the age of your grom so we can plan for the best morning possible!
- SURFATHON will be at Leadbetter Point from 9:00 - 11:30. Registration and award ceremony at the AQUATHON village in the grassy picnic area near Shoreline Cafe and bathrooms.